Alverde Body Oil with Blood Orange and Passionfruit  

Posted by: Viki in , , ,

Buying stuff from Alverde is a rather hit or miss affair: some women like their stuff (me included, most of the time), some not so much. Complaints from members of the latter group include (among others) that Alverde's products smell weird, and I must concede that they're right: most of Alverde's products do need a little getting used to smell- and texture-wise.

However.

*pregnant pause*

I really can't imagine anyone not liking the smell of this:




That bottle up there is Alverde's newest and, as far as I know, limited edition body oil scented with blood orange and passionfruit (also known as 'maracuja'). :) It's a blend of many fine vegetable oils such as soy, olive, sweet almond, jojoba and sunflower, and it has such a zesty fragrance that every time I sniff it I go thirsty. (I dunno, some scents just have that effect on me. ^_^) It has this incredibly sweet orangey fragrance that reminds me of a type of orange-flavored hard candy I used to eat when I was a kid. The candy itself actually was shaped like orange slices, came in orange and yellow colors, and I suppose it was perfect to shut kids up as it was much too big to fit into the mouth of an average child. (And it might also be responsible for the Pavlovi-reflex I seem to have developed for zesty fragrances... :-)

Anyway, the oil comes in a matte glass bottle which has ridges on both sides so as to prevent it from slipping out of your hand. (The bottle is in a box, but I managed to throw it out before taking a picture, jeesh...) The oil itself has a really nice consistency, although perhaps it's just a teensy-weensy bit thicker than I would prefer my body oils to be. It's definitely more viscous than jojoba oil, probably about as thick as almond oil.

It feels really nice on my skin ( I apply all my body oils and butters right after taking a shower while my skin is still wet), but as with all body oils my gripe with it is that I just can't spread it in a thin enough layer. (NOT Alverde's fault though!!!) My solution to that is creating all sorts of yummy body scrubs: take a scrubbing agent, add some fragrant body oil (all other goodies are optional) and treat your whole body with it while still in the shower. Somehow, with the help of the added particles I'm able to spread the oil/butter in a micro-thin layer on my body and it feels just like having grown another (much softer) layer of skin to protect me in the cold, hard winter.

All in all, I can only recommend that you try this body oil if you can get a hold of it. The scent itself is enough to make you fall in love with this stuff, I promise, aaand it's perfect for massages too. ;-)

Ingredients: Glycine Soya (Soy) Oil, Passiflora Incarnata (Passionfruit) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Heliantus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Parfum, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Citronellol

Price: 1200-1300 HUF??? (yikes, I honestly don't remember) for a 100 ml bottle
Available: in Drogerie Markt stores only
Rating: 5 out of 5  

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 megjegyzés

OH MY HOLY GOD I HAVE TO GET THIS ONE. I mean, orange. I love orange (both the color and the fruit), and I can't imagine anything more lovely. Plus, I don't have a body oil, so this would be a good one to start with. *adds the body oil to the evergrowing "what I want Izar to get me" list* I also had to check how much 1300 HUF is in euros, and wow, this is really affordable. I think I love Alverde already, even though I haven't tried anything from them yet :D

Thank you Izar, this post made me drool! Now I have to go to the fridge and drink some orange juice.

I went and searched for this one today. I was pouting since I couldn't see any of the Alverde body oils, but then I found it!!! It is still packed, I'm contemplating it in the box, before opening it :)I'm sure I'll love it. Thanks for writing about it, I wouldn't have gone to DM otherwise if it weren't for your article.

Hey Sagu!

:-D Yeah, it's a lovely product, defninitely worth trying. Orange is also my fave fruit, it sure brightens these dull winter days with its color, scent and taste.

Hi Gaby!

I'm such an enabler, aren't I? Mwahahahah!!! :-D
I just "read" your post on it, seemed to me you liked it too, so I'm really glad. ;-)

Hey guys,
I love this stuff, is it possible to buy it online or do I have to make a trip to Europe to get it? I don't think I can get DM to ship it to Canada for me.
J

Hey there! :)

This one was a limited edition product, so even though I'd be happy to buy and ship it for you to Canada, I'm not sure it's still available in DM stores anymore. I'll check it out though, and see it I can find one for you. :)
Finding it online is difficult: sometimes it's possible to find one or two Alverde items on Ebay, but it's pretty much impossible to get it any other way than by buying it in Europe.

Post a Comment