LUSH Squeaky Green shampoo bar  

Posted by: Viki in ,

funny pictures of cats with captions

see more Lolcats and funny pictures


I used to have an insane amount of hair until my idiot of a doctor at that time put me on the pill because of my PCOS. Then my hair started to fall out in huge amounts and kept at it for alost three years. This post is not about my struggle with hairloss though, but you need to be aware that back in those good old days when I still had a haystack on my head, one bottle of shampoo didn't last very long. None of them did. Every time I washed my hair, I used a lot of product and it took ages for it to lather up and be worked through that untameable mane of mine.

Then when I got to know LUSH I was given one of their signature shampoo bars (New) to fight hairloss with. Truth be told, it didn't do much in the way of making my hair stick to my scalp; nevertheless it soon became one of my favorite beauty products because of how it managed to transform my hairwashing ritual. I really just needed to swipe it on and around three times and it produced enough lather to make another wash perfectly unnecessary.

When I used up New completely, I decided to try a different scent (I'm really not a fan of minty things) and chose Ultimate Shine instead. The scent was much more tolerable (though still kinda minty thanks to the rosemary in it, sort of like Wick Vap-o-Rub), but it really did manage to make my hair more shiny and that's what mattered at the time. I used up about 5 or 6 of them before I yet again decided to try something else. By that time I'd been using Ultimate Shine for many years and was ready for something that didn't have any mint in it whatsoever.


Izar © 2009

After eliminating all the shampoo bars that I knew I would rather not experiment with (e.g.: Godiva; sweet Merlin, how I positively loath smokey jasmine...!!!; Seanik: had it once, used it up, but was royally pissed off because of the tiny bits of algae that kept sticking in my hair, the blah scent and the weird consistency when lathered up) my choice fell upon Squeaky Green, a nice, deep-cleansing shampoo bar with a lovely, smokey and woody green scent that just smells clean and fresh in my hair. It lathers up nice and fast, and unlike some people mentioned on MUA, it does not leave little bits of algae in my hair. However, like all of LUSH's shampoo bars this too begs for a conditioner to be used afterwards, otherwise it might leave your hair a bit brittle and dry. It's nothing a good conditioner can't help though (I recommend LUSH's Veganese or Fresh's Meadowfoam Cream Treatment Conditioner (thanks, Ladybird! ;-)) and I don't really mind it until the bar still cleanses my hair in a jiffy like it has faithfully done for years.

My only pet peeve is that LUSH shampoo bars seem to run out much sooner these days than they used to. (This one and my last Ultimate Shine practically melt compared to the shampoo bars of old.) Still, they are an essential part of my haircare, and I have a hunch I'll always keep one in my stash for days when I need to get washing my hair over with quickly.

Where to get them: in LUSH stores near you or one of LUSH's online stores
Price: 2190 HUF
Amount: 55 g
Rating: 5 out of 5
Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Nettle (Urtica dioica), Water (Aqua), Tea Tree Powder (Melaleuca alternifolia), Peppermint (Mentha piperita), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), *Coumarin, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Chlorophyllin (CI 5810)  

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 megjegyzés

Post a Comment