Enchanted Eye Cream by LUSH  

Posted by: Viki in ,


I used LUSH's Enchanted Eye Cream all summer but not exactly the way it was intended by the folks at LUSH. You see, I used it all over my face and not just on the eye area. I wanted a light moisturiser which would not make my skin more oily than it already was and which would give it a nice dewy look at the same time. I was also drawn to this product because it didn't have too many ingredients in it and didn't contain cocoa butter at all. That is a must because I promised my Mum we would split it between us (using two separate containers of course) and she's terribly allergic to cocoa butter.

My bottle contained a runny white lotion, although I know from MUA that its consistency can vary and some people got a creamier version. I didn't mind though because I thought it would actually be lighter and less heavy on my skin. I tried detecting a scent but there was none, just as it should be: a lotion that goes near our eyes should have as low an irritation factor as possible. Also, the fact that it doesn't clash with my perfume (like so many of LUSH's products) was an added bonus.

Upon application it felt light, though somewhat plastic-y and oily, and all through the day I felt as if there was a thin film of plastic on my face. I persisted for a week but after that I started using it only as a nightime lotion and it did a good job as such. My face was well-moisturised, soft and had a rosy glow in the morning. Now you could say that if my skin is oily then perhaps I should stay away from any kind of lotion that contains oil, but here's the deal:

LUSH's Enchanted Eye Cream:

Lavender Honey Water (Lavendula hybrida, Mel, Aqua), Stearic Acid, Cold Pressed Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Glycerin, Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Weleda's Wild Rose Body Oil:
Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Citral Eugenol, Farnesol
They both contain jojoba and almond oil, yet Weleda's oil actually balances the sebum production of my skin and gives me a beautiful matte complexion all day long. I think that even though Enchanted Eye Cream has very few ingredients, the proportions are not very good: too much artificial stuff and too few natural ingredients.

As for my eyes, I didn't see any miracles here either. I have some not-too-dark circles under my eyes: they did not disappear or become less noticable. I never had any puffiness, so I cannot make claims about the cream's effectiveness in that area. There are some small wrinkless but again, they stayed in place.

Nowadays though, my skin tends to drink this stuff up and my face feels much better after applying this cream: it's soft and there's no residue that would cling to my face all day and feel like a mask. Looks like even such a light formula as this is too much for me during the warmer months. I'll stick to my regular beauty regime though (wash face with mild soap, pat in Alverde Wild Rose Toner, apply Weleda's Wild Rose Oil) but I'll definitely reach for this cream whenever I feel my skin itch from dryness or just add it as an additional step after the toner.

For those with sensitive skin I have good news: my Mum didn't experience any allergic reactions after using this cream (and she's got hyper-sensitive skin!!!), so I guess it's safe for you guys to use.

Don't take my word for granted though as we're all different and so different things work for each of us. You can alway ask for a sample from your LUSH saleslady, and the amount is usually enough for quite a few applications so you should be able to decide whether it works for you or not.  

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 megjegyzés

Post a Comment