Bioderma Sebium Exfoliating Gel  

Posted by: Viki in , , ,

Loath as I am to admit it, there's something exhilarating about finding a face-scrub chock-full of gritty little bits and polishing our complexion to smooth, shiny, almost-glass-like perfection. You see, I am firmly against physical exfoliants. Well, most of the time. I am well aware of the fact that more often than not they drive my skin stir crazy and, depending on my skin's prevailing mood, may double (no, triple!) the amount of acne I sport at a given time.

But.

I'vefoundthisawesomefacescrubandIcan'tgetenoughofit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


(I don't think it's only my skin that's gone stir crazy this time...)

-oOo-

Ahemm. So I had the privilege of sampling Bioderma's Gel Gommant (i.e.: Exfoliating Gel) twice already, but the first time it didn't quite seem to agree with my skin. Nowadays, however, we're geting on much better, to the point of me even saying that it might even become a permanent addition to my skincare stash.





There are three things I love about it:
  1. The multitude of scrubbly little polyethilene particles in it: all tiny and buffing my skin as if the stuff were some sort of microdermabrasion product. (I haven't had microdermabrasion done on my skin yet, but I imagine this is what it should feel like.) You just have to be gentle with it and sort of caress your face in a circular motion, lest it should cause too much damage.

  2. The added glycolic acid in the formula. Once you feel you've done enough scrubbing, just leave the gel on your face for five minutes or so (you can leave it longer of course if you have the time). The acid does a lovely job of additional exfoliation, and when it's worked its miracle on your face, just massage the stuff into your face a few more times to remove stuff that had been loosened by the acid, and wash it off.

  3. Washing it off is a breeze. No clingy film, no having to rinse for hours, nada. Just a few generous splashes and it's all gone, leaving you with the most amazing, silky-soft and well, there's really no better word for it, glass-like complexion ever.

Can it get any better?

Yeah, it can. ;-)

To achieve all this you need the smallest amount of product, so while it's definitely not a cheap product, it will last you a very long time.

The product is scented, and while I'm not a fan of added perfume in skincare products, it's really not obtrusive and so far hasn't managed to bother my skin.

So, my verdict? Well, next time you walk into a pharmacy don't you dare leave without a tube of Bioderma's Exfoliating Gel. It's well worth every "penny". ;-)

Where to get it: in pharmacies
Price: varies, usually around 3300 HUF
Amount: 100 ml
My rating: 5 out of 5
Ingredients:

WATER (AQUA), POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, LAURYL GLUCOSIDE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, GLYCOLIC ACID, MANNITOL, RHAMNOSE, XYLITOL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PRO PYLENE GLYCOL, TRIDECYL SALICYLATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)  

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 megjegyzés

Post a Comment